In the territory of the Murgia in Gioia del Colle it will be interesting to visit the castle that houses the National Museum of Archaeology. Build by Richard Siniscalco, brother of the famous Robert Guiscard, the 'building was redesigned by Ruggero II and the' Emperor Frederick II of Swabia author of the system of fortification of Puglia. As with other castles in the area, during later historians, the 'building suffered other structural changes by both the Angevin is Aragonese. The National Archaeological Museum is part of the monumental castle where there is a 'exposure of the many testimonies of the necropolis of Monte Santo Mola Sannace and affecting a broad historical period from the sixth to the second century BC
Located near the old town of Bari, in defense against attacks from the sea, the Swabian castle is one of the most important historical symbols of the capital of Puglia. The majestic castle is built on previous Byzantine settlements and subsequently underwent several building phases from the twelfth to the sixteenth century. In 1131, on the orders of Roger the Norman, it was built the core of clear medieval architecture quadrangular with four towers at the corners. Later it restored by Frederick II of Swabia between 1233 and 1240.